Serving as the as a former director of the Implantology and Bone Grafting courses at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, the Dominican Training Institute is led by founding doctor, Leo J. Malin.
In addition to Dr. Malin, the Dominican Training Institute provides course participants with a team of highly-qualified implantologists, periodontists, maxillofacial specialists and the like that deliver simplified and direct training on all types of implant related procedures.
The program serves to combine comprehensive theoretical sessions that provide an in-depth understanding of implant dentistry and exposure to live, hands-on implant placement experience with patients. This is achieved through the guidance of expert instructors in an over-the-shoulder format. Throughout our implant placement courses doctors will place, on average, 17-20 implants, along with practicing several other important components of implant dentistry.
At course completion, participants will receive 38 CE credits under AGD subject code 690 (lecture: 6 hours, participation: 32 hours).
PATIENT SELECTION & SKILL LEVEL
The Dominican Training Institute program offers participants a wide range of pre-screened patients that have been carefully selected to fulfill each clinician’s educational goals.
Prior to the course, a DTI staff consultant will discuss the following with participants:
- Overarching educational goals
- Individual skill level
- Beginning (placed 25 implants or less)
- Intermediate (placed 26-100 implants)
- Advanced (placed 100 implants or more)
Upon arrival, doctors will then be assigned patients based on these two criteria; ensuring they are hitting the mark for their desired educational objectives.
In some cases, patients might require a combination of complex and advanced dentistry procedures, at which point the procedure will be carried out by the necessary number of participants with an attending instructor.
Please note that these designations are guidelines. DTI understands that surgical training and experience classification involves more than the number of implants placed. It is also understood that there will be combination type cases that require simple to advanced procedures on individual patients.
Subjects covered for each skill level designation broadly includes:
- Simple implant placement
- Multiple implant placements with adequate bone available
- Extractions with and without socket grafting
- Incision design and suturing techniques
- Soft and hard tissue management
- Multiple implant placement cases
- Extractions and immediate placement
- Extractions, grafting and closure with or without barriers
- Intra-crestal sinus lifts
- Full arch implant placement
- Ridge augmentation with or without implant placement
- Full arch extractions, grafting and implant placement
- All-on-4, 5 or 6+
- Lateral sinus grafting
- Full arch edentulous cases
- Lateral windows
- Atrophic maxillary and mandibular cases
- Ridged augmentation, ridge splitting, etc.
- Other advanced grafting procedures
July 13-20, 2019 SPACE IS LIMITED
November 16-23, 2019
October 5-12, 2019
Participants of the DTI program will attend one day of lecture and theoretical instruction and four days of live, over-the-shoulder implant training.
Day 1: Arrival to the Dominican Republic
Upon arrival participants will be introduced to the DTI instructors, staff and fellow participants that will be interfacing with them throughout the course.
Day 2: Introduction & Preparation
The day after arrival, doctors will attend a welcome seminar covering the standard protocols and equipment used throughout the course, finished with a series of lectures for clinicians of all levels. Total lecture time is approximately 4 hours.
Day 3-6: Live Surgeries
On days 3-6 clinicians will begin performing live implant surgeries on pre-screened patients that are carefully selected according to their respective educational goals. Surgeries will begin at approximately 8:00 AM and will end at 5:00 PM. Dinner reservations at the resort’s restaurants are secured each night for all participants and staff.
Day 7: On the final day of the program, participants enjoy a free day of relaxation, excursions or group activities like visiting the spectacular Saono Island. Doctors can also utilize this time for clarifying any questions or concerns with the instructors and staff.
Day 8: Participants depart to their respective places of residence.
The Dominican Training Institute’s world-class implant placement courses have a tuition fee of $12,900. This fee does not cover flight expenses to and from the Dominican Republic, but it is inclusive of:
- Round trip transportation to and from the Santo Domingo airport (SDQ)
- All-inclusive accommodations at the five-star resort, Emotions by Hodelpa in Juan Dolio
- Breakfast, lunch and reserved dinners
- Free Implant-One surgical kit
- Free Implant-One drill kit
Accommodations for a spouse/partner/etc., can be secured for an additional resort fee.